Monday, January 30, 2017

‼️ACHTUNG‼️

     Ok, everyone, this one might be a little long, but please read the whole thing!! 😊
     Ok! well I guess I better start off with the big news! Our pday is being moved!!!! We had a worldwide mission broadcast and they gave us a new daily schedule routine and our mission (I don't know if it is every mission) said our pday will be moved to Thursday. Kind of weird and honestly I don't know why the day was changed, but I think it's kind of dumb. No one likes Thursdays because it's the day before Friday. Right!? Haha so now if the only day you couldn't email me was Monday, you can on Thursday!! But if Thursday's the only day you can't email me, then sucks to suck. Haha just kidding! It will be weird but it is what it is!
       Ok, and other news! I am staying in my area (Gelsenkirchen, for those of you that only read the first little bit of every paragraph in my weeklies and miss the details; such as the area I'm currently in). 😂.  I'm glad that i get to stay here for another transfer! This ward here is really cool and it's been a lot of fun already! And I don't need to train a missionary this transfer, but my trainee is staying with me, which I'm not saying is a bad thing! I'm excited to keep working hard but mostly excited because I don't have to pack up and travel around Germany like a hobo.
     Speaking of hobos and people that unfortunately don't have places to sleep/live, food to eat, and a friend to talk to. Yesterday we had just got done eating lunch at our apartment and then someone rang our doorbell. We were really confused, but let them into the apartment. They came up to our floor and it was a humble guy in his older 30's and a little rugged looking. We talked to him outside our door for a bit.
     He said he knew someone that knows us and that they sent him here. He said he just got out of jail for being there for 2 years, has no place to sleep, no food to eat, no money, his family lives in Poland, least to say this guy had a lot of worries and not a lot of anything else. We gave him the food we had, which wasn't much. Just some bread, meat, and cheese. But he was so grateful for just that little bit.
     I told him that we have one more thing that is better than anything we could give him. I hurry and grabbed a Book of Mormon and a card with our information on it, returned to the door and handed the book to him. I simply told him that this book will change his life and that it has changed ours. I told him because it changed our life we have left our homes for 2 years to help others find the way back to their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He was filled with joy, and I know that for just a moment he had felt the Holy Ghost or a better name for that would be that of the Comforter.  I know that as he reads that books and learns more about it he will be able to have that constant Comforter with him always.
     Besides that! Which is probably the highlight of my week to be honest, not a whole lot happened! Actually, I lied, we set another baptismal date with our investigator Ahmir!! This guy is so freaking awesome and is really loving everything we tell him about the gospel, it's amazing. He told us how much he loves that our church is centered around Christ and Christ only. I agree!!! He is still working to gain a testimony for himself of the Book of Mormon, so pray that he will receive one! The baptism is for the 11th of February, so I hope he is ready by then.
     Oh I almost forgot!! Michael was able to receive the Priesthood yesterday at church, and I gotta say, it was really special. As a missionary, I'm very blessed to be able to work with the Spirit 24/7. From that, I get to see God's hand multiple times a day. But you do not need to be a missionary to be able to see His hand every day! All you have to do are these three simple things, which are:
     1.) pray! The Lord loves us, He is our loving Father in heaven and wants to hear about how we are doing and if we need anything. I testify that He answers every single sincere prayer! Without doubt.
     2.)read the holy scriptures! The only books I will ever read, and my mom would agree, are the Bible and the Book of Mormon. They are truly holy and because of that we can have everyday questions answered, it's amazing and sometimes mind-blowing.
     3.)simply go to church. Besides the temples, I can't think of a place that feels more like home and makes me feel more at peace than a simple house of the Lord. For example, the church that we have here is a four-story office building and the church owns the first two floors. Don't judge it though! The meetings are carried out the same as they should be, and the Spirit is still powerful, if not more than in other churches!
     Well I think I've ranted on long enough! But I challenge you to do those three simple steps. Trust me, when i was younger and also dummer then I am now, i thought I knew that there was no way reading a book, praying, and going to church were going to make me a better person. At the time I didn't want to be a better person.  I thought I knew everything and my life was perfect. Well if you thought like me, your wrong! Simple as that. And if your going that way or thinking that way stop! I promise it's not the right way. I've been further down that road that i will ever go again, and I would hate to hear about someone else following it. The only way out, is through the Almighty Savior, Jesus Christ. He suffered so we don't have to. I can't think of a better way to show your love for someone. For that I will always be in debt to Him, to pay that debt I will show my love for Him back. The Book is blue, the words a true! Talk next week(Thursday)!
Elder Rogers
The district






No comments:

Post a Comment