Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy freakin New Years!!! ๐ŸŽ‰

       Happy New Years!!! I have to say 2016 was probably the fastest year, but the longest year of my life!! Haha so much happened last year it was just unreal. It's crazy to think back to a year ago to January 1st 2016 and think about what I was doing then. I was probably up in the mountains shredding some beautiful fresh snow in Utah not worried at all about what I was in for that year. Well, although it was hard; physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. It's so weird to say but it was worth it, and it still is!! I can honestly say that I am so glad to be where I am, the mission has already taught me sooo much and it's almost been 9 months.
       As far as the week goes though! This week was amazing!!!! So first we had a great appointment with our investigator that is improving so well!!! He is so ready to be baptized this Saturday and Elder Moon and I are going crazy about it too!! We had covered all of the lessons earlier in the week so when we met with him later in the week we decided to just talk about his baptism and what goes down. We just simply asked him if he knew how someone becomes a member of our church and he explained everything pretty perfectly and then bore testimony on how he knows he needs to be baptized and how he knows that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. We were so amazed we had to pick our jaws off the floor. This guy is so ready it's kind of insane.
       Other than that we were able to meet with a less active that has huge hands... I don't know what that had to do with anything but I just thought you would like to know. He also is really into archery so this homie has got tons and tons of bows and arrows in his apartment, super sick. He is a really good guy and is only less active because he works soooo much! He said he really wants to get back to church so we are excited to see him on Sunday.
       Ok I gotta say real quick, Germans definitely know how to light off fireworks, heiligen Kuh. New Year's Eve/day is still my favorite at home, but this place was going crazy for the new year!!! I'll just send a video cuz I can only explain it so well. For New Year's Day, we had lunch at a members house and it was probably the best food I've had in Germany so far. It was just meat and salad, but we cooked it on something called a Raclette. It's pretty much just a little grill that you set on the table and you just cook your food right in front of you. It's pretty much just the coolest manliest thing ever, definitely getting one for my future man cave.
       Well I saved the best thing for last, which is we ate Fufu with our investigator Michael!! Haha i gotta say it is way different but really not too bad. In Germany, it's expensive to buy African food so when he told us that we decided to eat all that we could so he'd be happy we liked it. Haha so we did!! I thought Elder Moon was going to throw it all up, but he didn't! Haha! The sauce we had with it tasted like a cow farm, but it felt way cool to eat like an African!! Haha if reincarnation was true, which it totally isn't so do think I said so, but if so I would come back as an African because they are the coolest people on earth!!
       Haha anyways I know this church is true and I gladly give you all my constantly challenged but growing testimony that the right and only way to return to our Loving Father in heaven is through His perfect Son, Jesus Christ! It all just makes sense, and I love it how simple the gospel of Jesus Christ can be if we but just read the holy scriptures and pray every day. I wish you all one sweet week and an even better year!!
Elder Rogers
The fufu.


Our swaggin investigator Michael.

The less-actives arrows.

New Years dinner pic

The little grill thingy

No comments:

Post a Comment