Monday, January 23, 2017

WEEKLY 🤑

       Well this is going to be a short one because the week was a quick one with not a lot of stuff that happened! Well, we did have about 9 appointments set up between less active members, active members, and investigators, but sadly only about 3 or 4 actually happened.
       I guess to start off we had Zone training this week! It was way good and we learned tons about the Book of Mormon! We also got to hear a couple of sweet leavers testimonies! It's pretty cool to see and hear from the oldest people on the mission and get their insight on things.
       I guess something funny in the week was last pday! We had just got done with an appointment with our recent convert brotha Michael. We were walking down the street at night and before he caught his tram we decided to take a picture! Haha he was all confused and said it wouldn't work because it's dark outside and he's dark! Hahaha we just started busting up! I'll send the picture. He definitely is hard to see unless you're looking right at him! Hahaha!
       Well besides that, and all the little miracles we have seen this week, there isn't much more! Just to end, I gave a talk yesterday in church on temples! I really hope that the ward understood everything I said because I love temples!! The fact that we can all be sealed to our families for time AND all eternity just makes life so much better. It's still tough though, we stopped an older lady on the street this last week and asked her what she thinks about eternal life (we didn't even say that we were missionaries or anything, just the question). She just gave us the evil eye and walked away. Then she stopped and asked if she could say something, but she was mad, she then just started going off on how there is no eternal life because God is terrible for letting bad things in the world happen. She just turned around and left without saying anything else.
        I can testify, that even though this world may be corrupt and terrible things happen because they do, our Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ to save it. I know that is true with my whole heart, without Him the world would be lost and we would have no chance at eternal life. Without Him, we would have no perfect example to follow. But because He left His Father, and came to the earth, and took upon each and every one of our crosses, and was resurrected three days later. We too will be resurrected, and perfect, and with our families for the eternities. I hope and pray that we all realize how huge the Atonement of Jesus Christ was, without it I would not be the person I am. It terrifies me to even think of where i would be without the reassuring feeling of being clean again. This church is so true, and I'm so blessed to be a part of it, but even more blessed to share it with those who will listen! I say that in the perfect name of Jesus Christ, amen.
       Hope everyone has a great week!!
Elder Rogers



No comments:

Post a Comment