Monday, January 16, 2017

⚠️HOT FLOOR⚠️

       This week was super sweet!!! I gotta be honest, after Michael was baptized I thought the blessings were just going to slow down.... I was wrong!! Never do what I did and think that blessings slow down! They can either just come as they are or more, they never decrease! Anyways, to start off I didn't really take any pictures... I know i suck, but we are going to a castle type thing today for some of our pday, so I'll get some pictures!
       I would definitely have to say the highlight of the week was at the end. We had a split with our awesome zone leaders from Friday night to Saturday night. Everything about it was just great! To start off i was in a big city called Dortmund and was in one of the coolest apartments ever. The coolest thing about it is they have a heated floor, which was also kind of a bad thing. Before we went to bed Friday night we thought it would be sooo sick if we turned up the floor just one
tab so it's nice and warm when we wake up! (Just some background, Germans don't have carpet for floors... just tiles everywhere). So that's what we did! Well in the middle of the night i woke up because it was sooo hot in the room so i tried getting out of bed to turn the heat down but the floor was so hot I couldn't step on it long enough to turn the thingy down!! Haha it was like lava in there! I didn't wanna wake up Elder Passey so I just lied back in bed and dealt with it. Well morning comes and the floor was walkable so that was good, I like walkable floor.
       Besides the hot floor! It snowed a ton, and what did we do while it snowed almost the whole day!?!? Talked to cranky Germans on the street and at their doors. Haha ok they weren't all cranky, but this one grandma that lived in an apartment told us that only old German women lived at that apartment so because of that we wouldn't have any success... hahaha pretty funny, but pretty true. Needless to say we had no success at that apartment. One really cool experience is that we went by on this member from El Salvador to ask him if he knew where we should go to find people. We get there and got up to his apartment floor and found out that this guy has lived in Germany for quite some years now and has been studying music. When we got there he had just got done playing his guitar, so we asked him what his favorite Spanish song was. He got all excited, whipped that guitar right up onto his lap and just started going Mexican crazy on his guitar!!! Hahaha at first it was pretty funny, but he was actually really good. So instead of laughing we just sat there like holy cow, this dude should have a sombrero and a couple of Mexicans behind him, one playing the trumpet and the other singing/making those funny high pitched Mexican laughs. Hahaha goodness, sorry if that was racist. Haha anyways, after that we asked him where to go find people on our map, he looked outside and saw all the snow coming down and told us not to go out there! Hahaha but we found a place and went there, and talked to a lot of people.
       Well I feel like I typed long enough and I know that everyone besides my parent's and my grandma's don't like to see long emails from me!! Haha don't worry I know! I just want to close with my testimony, because they are one of the most precious gifts that our Heavenly Father gave us in this life. I know that He loves us, wants to lead, help, guide, and be as close as He can with us. We will never know the amount of love that He has for each of us personally, but we do know one thing. That he gave his perfect Son, Jesus Christ, to show us the perfect example, suffer for each and every one of us, die so that we can return to our Father in Heaven, but eventually rose from the dead for us. He is amazing, He is the Teacher, and He willingly gave His life for us. Because of that, He is the way. Through Christ we may find lasting and eternal happiness with our family and loved ones. I'm
honored and blessed to be in Germany to share His amazing gospel with others, I regret taking this gospel granted for 17 years of my life. So don't wear ma shoes one day!! Realize what is important in the long run and what is just a Worley thing! Thank you all for who you are!!
Hope you try to have a better week than me this week!
Elder Rogers
At the coolest members house









No comments:

Post a Comment