Monday, January 9, 2017

The brotha is officially a brotha!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ

       This week was probably the best week, at least weekend, of my mission so far! Michael was able to be baptized and we are so happy for him! But it was a close one! The water in the fount was pretty near to ice-cold, which would've been nice in the summer, but it was about 25 degrees outside and the middle of winter! Hahaha the crazy thing is, a couple years ago Michael got pneumonia being in cold water and ever since he has not got into cold water. So when he felt the water today he was a little worried about not doing it, and almost postponed. His first attempt, he got halfway down the stairs and turned around. He eventually found the courage to overcome his fears and do it. It was an amazing baptism and he is truly changed.
       The next day at church he bore one of the most powerful but at the same time way cool testimonies that I have ever heard. In his testimony, he said that he thought of the water being cold as the devil trying to get him to not be baptized. He saw it as a barrier, and at first almost gave in, but he said he heard a song playing in his head that got him to get in the water. Hahaha the coolest thing about it is that he asked the bishop if he could sing that song that came into his mind, the bishop said sure with a worried look on his face. (Michael listens to this African worship music just so you know). Michael then turned back to the microphone and sang that song! Haha it was so awesome and I wanted to laugh, but at the same time you could tell he was so happy he just couldn't help it. The most amazing thing about his testimony is that when you looked into his eyes you could seriously see a perfect brightness just glowing out of them, it was one of the most spiritual things I have been a part of on my mission and I am so grateful for it.
       Anyways, the rest of the week was pretty good!!! Sadly, we have pushed back our baptismal date with Wisdom 3 weeks. Which is ok, some people need more time than others! On a funny note from the week! There is a recent convert in the area and we have been trying really hard to get him to read the scriptures on his own. He is only 15 and was baptized 6 months or so ago, but he is one of the wisest dudes I've ever met. Every time we read with him or have a spiritual thought with him, he just explains everything so well and knows everything perfectly.
       Anyways, the other night around 10:00 o'clock I asked him if he had read since we last met, which was only three days before, and he said no but I will right now. He then asked if I had read in the Book of Mormon since we last met, I took a second to think and realized I have only read in doctrine and covenants since we last met. I told him no but would also start right now! Hahaha after we got done reading the chapters he asked me what i learned from it, i sent him a couple verses I liked and explained why I sent those ones. He then sent me his favorite and bore amazing testimony on them! This kid just blows my mind! Most the time I feel like he is the missionary and I'm the one being taught!
       Well I'm all out about stuff to say about the week! We are going to eat some more fufu with our brotha this week so I'm pretty pumped for that! We also have a split this weekend and I'll be in Dortmund so hopefully I'll have some dope pics for ya! Hope you all had a great week and have an even better one!
Elder Rogers
Baptism pics!! (Sorry this is the only one we took)

post baptism dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment