Monday, October 3, 2016

Up in the Gelsenkirchen hood!!

       This week was freakin crazy! My new area is way cool and it's definitely taken a lot of adjusting! I honestly hope I'm up here for a while because I hate packing!! But I do miss the south of the mission! But the Lord will send us where He wants us so you get what you get and you don't through a fit!! Haha!
       We were really busy getting me situated in the new city and have been meeting new people and running to catch buses and trains, but it's been great!!!! My new comp was born in Australia and moved to Ireland 3 years ago, so he has an Australian Irish accent that is pretty funny! He is really chill and has been a lot of fun so far!
       Well, first of all, let me tell you how hard it is just to watch conference in Germany! We ended up getting home past missionary bedtime the past three nights due to having a busy schedule as a missionary, but I am so glad!! This is probably the first conference that I have actually paid attention to and I am so lucky we were able to watch it (even though we didn't get to watch the Sunday afternoon session) and learn from the Lord's wise men!!
       Anyways I think I'll just end with bearing my testimony on how I know that we have a living prophet today. Although he may be human and a little aged, he still has more power (on earth) than any man!! This conference he talked so quietly but yet his words were powerful. I know he is the living prophet today, I love him, testify of him, and sustain him, his counselors, and the twelve. They are all so much wiser than us and completely put their trust in God. I hope that we can all follow their amazing examples and when we do I know that we will come closer to our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
I hope everyone has one swaggin' week!!!
Elder Rogers
Courtesy of the old man Elder Fultz

Who said there wasn't baseball in Germany!?

Our swaggin' bikes

the view from our roof (the Schalke soccer stadium)

Just another view.

No comments:

Post a Comment