Monday, September 26, 2016

Hello from Elder Stiles

       I've been wanting to write you an email ever since I finished training your son and left Mannheim. The time that I spent with Elder Rogers has been the best two transfers of my whole mission, and I loved every second of it. He is an incredible missionary! When I found out that I
would be training, I prayed so hard to have a diligent, fun new missionary to work with, and he was honestly an even better companion than I had hoped for. He not only works hard but also makes the work fun. And his testimony of the Book of Mormon is so powerful! He told me that during our time together, he was reading the Book of Mormon from cover to cover for the first time. His testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon grew, and then he shared that testimony with people we meet on the street and in appointments. Your son has such a powerful testimony, and the Spirit felt while he shares it is incredible! He told me a lot about your family during our time together, and he looks up to and loves both of you so much. He is also very grateful for the awesome siblings that he has. I know that you have a wonderful family by the way that Elder Rogers talked about you and by the type of missionary that he is.
       Your son has become one of my best friends. President Holland said that your mission companions will become your life long best friends, and that is definitely true for me and Elder Rogers. I just barely got asked to serve as an office elder and I had the chance to go down to the Heidelberg zone to deliver some things and I got to see your son again, and that honestly made my day! I am definitely looking forward to hanging out with him after the mission and hopefully also getting to meet you and your family. I just wanted to thank you for raising such an awesome son and for supporting him in his calling. He has had such a positive influence on me and I am so grateful for that. I know that he will continue to see miracles as he serves faithfully.
       I hope you and your family have a great week and that all goes well!
Love,
Elder Stiles

No comments:

Post a Comment