Monday, September 12, 2016

Loving the Lovely German people

       Well this week was honestly a whole lot of disappointments! Haha we had a bunch of meetings set to meet with some potential investigators and they all fell out, but it's all good because we had some awesome member lessons! I love member lessons because one they are the only Germans I seem to love right now and two they always take off so much stress and keep you going! Haha still trying to love the German people, but it's definitely a work in progress. Haha!
       The highlight of the week was probably a member appointment with my favorite member! We set up an appointment to go to his house around 7:30 or so so we figured we would just go finding until we wanted to head over. Well it just so happens that we ran into him on the street and he was going to the grocery store to get food for our dinner that night, so we went with him. We got there and he told us he was going to make some pizzas, I was really excited until he grabbed three pizza doughs... Elder Morley and I got nervous right then!
       The member also grabbed some juice and stuff, but when we got up to the checkout line he wasn't able to buy all of it so he just left the juice and got the pizza stuff. As we left I felt very strongly impressed to tell him that I could pay for him with my personal money, I did without any hesitation. This member has been without a job for a while now and has barely been getting by, but it's one of the coolest guys here, if not the coolest. He had just barely got a job the last weekend and so he told me "thanks brother but I have a job".
       I then did what I shouldn't have done and felt so dumb for acting on the spirit, I felt like I made the member feel so low for not being able to pay for the juice. Well we got to his house and had our lesson as the pizza was cooking, we talked about love for other people and the love that our Heavenly Father and our Savior have for us. He then explained to us that love isn't just shown through simply saying "I love you brother", it's by showing it by doing and saying things that express that love. He then used the example of me telling him that I could've helped pay for him.
       I'm not trying to boast or make myself look all awesome. All I did was simply act on the Spirit, and the Spirit touched the member's heart, not my words. I know that we can all act on the spirit, you don't have to be a missionary, bishop, or any kind of leader in the church. I hope that everyone can always listen to the Spirit and act as soon as possible, you will be amazed and your eyes will be opened to the blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us, I promise!
       Anyways after that awesome lesson, we had one pizza. Then the member said he will make another one and we were getting a little worried, we barely got that one down and then the member said that the first pizza is ok, the second one was good, so the third will be super! Haha before we let him make another pizza we told him the second was super and it's all good. Haha we were stuffed as could be!
Elder Rogers



No comments:

Post a Comment