Thursday, June 1, 2017

US

       This week was great!! I got the call to be transferred, and so did my comp, Elder Bahr! We came in together and now we are leaving together. I'm pretty upset about it, I don't like how we came in for 12 weeks, built relationships with new people, and now we are leaving all that! They needed to close down one of the elder apartments in Cologne so the other Elders moved into ours. I am way bummed to not be in Cologne anymore, I really did love that city, but the city I am in now is great! It's called Ramstein and it is a lot smaller than Cologne for sure, but it's an awesome city! The coolest thing about this city is that there is a military base! So there are Americans everywhere here! It just feels like I'm in America, which is super weird to adjust to! I'm just so used to German people and not hearing English all the time, but I think I'll adjust ok!
       Not a lot happened after Elder Bahr and I got our transfer calls. We had to clean the whole apartment and pack everything so we were hustling to get it all done by Tuesday! On Monday night we had an awesome appointment with our favorite members! They made great food and we were able to feel the Spirit with them in their home. Last appointments are awesome but suck way bad! It's even more weird when both you and your comp leave! Traveling was pretty tough in Tuesday, but I made it and I'm very grateful to be working with Elder Robinson in Ramstein!
       Yesterday we had an awesome chance to go by on a couple investigators with a member! All of the investigators were women so we brought the member so it was all good! Sadly not too many of them answered, but we were able to sit down with one of the investigators and chat for a little bit. She had to leave soon, but she was really nice and it was awesome to hear her answer when we asked her about the Book of Mormon. She said she really likes it and is excited to learn more, she said that it just makes sense to have the Bible and the Book of Mormon together.
        Later that night we had institute and it was awesome! The members here are super cool and I'm glad to be able to meet them! I'm very grateful for this church! I know that wherever we go, whether that's a small German ward or a huge American ward in Germany, the church is the same! It's true everywhere you go and I'm so grateful to be sharing that with the people here! Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Rogers
Farewell pic

Pic with Akbar
Photo credit: Elder Bahr

Before we left

Last dinner appointment

Comp pic

The Dome


No comments:

Post a Comment