Thursday, May 25, 2017

GUTEN TAG

       Well this week was pretty great!! We were able to meet with one of our investigators and he brought his friend with him this time! They are both from Kurdistan, but both speak some English. They are very cool and humble dudes, it's so awesome to be able to meet with them. Elder Bahr and u decided to just read the Book of Mormon since they haven't had time to read in it. We decided to simply read 2 Nephi 31 where it talks about Christ's baptism. So after we read that we planned to invite them to baptism! Well little did we know, the language barrier is a lot bigger than we thought. We barely got through half of the chapter in an hour and a half because we had to define soooo many words!! It was great though, we had a great discussion with them and decided we would go hard on baptism next time when we finish the chapter, haha!
       Other than that! The weather has been warming up a ton lately! The other day Elder Bahr and I were in the apartment having lunch and we thought we heard American police sirens going off. We opened the window and it was sure enough! Our apartment is next to a bridge so these American Cop cars were driving down it with their sirens on!! It was sooo sick!! Haha definitely not the best when you are being pulled over by them, but they are definitely awesome to hear when you haven't for so long!! Hahaha!
       Anyways, besides that, we have our transfer calls this Saturday! I'm pretty nervous and honestly don't care if I don't get transferred or not. I definitely don't wanna pack up again already, but I'll do whatever I gotta! Just to close! Elder Bahr and i seemed to have shared a scripture with a lot of people this week, whether they were members or random people on the street. You can find the scripture in 2 Nephi chapter 25:26. Or if you don't want to look it up, it's cool I got it right here :)
           26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
       One thing I'd like to point out is that it says we should "write according to our prophecies," so in other words: we should be writing in our journals daily! Before my mission I was terrible at it, but ever since I have left on my mission I have not missed a day and don't plan too! It definitely doesn't start out hard and get easier, but the more you do it the more blessings you will see! I can promise you that as you write down simply an experience you had that day that best explains that day, whether that is a good or bad experience, I know you will be able to see the hand of the Lord playing a big part in your life. But if you don't believe me then just read this talk by President Henry B. Eyring titled "O Remember, Remember" from the October 2007 General Conference, I know he can convince ya! I hope everyone has a great week and writes in their journal every day starting TODAY!
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment