Thursday, March 23, 2017

Africans, gotta love 'em

          Well alright, this week was way awesome and we weren't lost as much!! We explored more of our huge area and we met a ton of people that were way cool, but a couple were a little crazy. It was fun though!! We met a ton of Africans, which is always my favorite. I wish I was African.
        On Tuesday we met with an African potential investigator named Jeremiah. He is super sick and of course he is a homie. We talked with him about the restoration, Book of Mormon, and Jesus Christ. He was very happy to answer questions he had, and even though he looked a little confused and like he had a lot of questions he was comfortable talking with us. He told us that he was really stressed with multiple things goin on right now. Elder Bahr and i both promised him that the Lord would help take his stress and worries away if he would just pray to him and show him the faith that he knows that the Lord will answer his prayers.
       On Monday we got to meet with a bunch of missionaries from around our area! It was super sick to see all the homies in the mission. I got to take a generation picture with my golden and my trainers new golden! Haha it's super sick I gotta say. After zone conference got over we dipped hardback to Köln to meet with an investigator, we still didn't make it back on time. We called him when we got to where we planned to meet him and he forgot about our appointment, so we scheduled a new one. After that, we decided to call people and get appointments set up. After that we had dinner.
        Other than that, last week we went to a castle and today we just walked around from store to store lookin at stuff that we can't afford!! Hahaha well just to end, we had interviews with our mission president a couple days ago. It's always awesome to have someone on one time with the mission pres. He is an outstanding guy and sometimes I don't know how he does it! At the end of the interview, he asked how I have come closer to Christ lately. To be honest the question caught me off guard, but I told him by the daily routine of repentance. We talked a lot at our zone conference about repentance and how when we first hear it we think of it as something terrible. Elder Bednar said that another word to assist repentance is redeeming. We become redeemed every time we repent, thanks to the Atonement. What a blessing!! As Easter approaches, I constantly think on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how much meaning it has to me. The power of the Atonement gave me a new life and I know it can do the same for everyone!
        Everyone have a good week.
Elder Rogers






No comments:

Post a Comment