Monday, August 1, 2016

Moin moin!!!

What is up!!!!
       Just so you all know, "moin moin" is something some Germans say instead good morning and it sounds hilarious!! Anyways, this week ended a lot better then it started so that is always good! At the beginning of the week I was just really fed up with people telling me they can't understand me cuz of my freaking accent. I wanted to knock a guy out that asked why I was speaking English. But I'm a missionary so I love him! Haha sometimes you just have to say it even if you don't mean it! Haha!
       Anyways we stayed really busy going by on inactive members and finding people. We finally got to meet with Ali!! We had a member come with us and he helped out a ton! We got him to commit to keeping the word of wisdom for at least 4 weeks and he stayed he will read 2 pages at least out of the Book of Mormon every day. We also told him that if he asked the Lord for help then there is no way he won't be able to do it. I hope he can stick to it and can see the blessings!! Also a guy from Egypt stopped us on his bike, pulled out one of our cards and told us he doesn't know how to get to our church. We told him and he showed up!? It was crazy! He speaks a little German and the whole time at church he kept asking us about marriage. I think at first he liked our church because of the whole plural marriage thingy, after we told him we can only have one wife now he looked a little bummed, but he didn't leave!! Haha! There is a catch to this guy though, he doesn't live in our area but comes to our church because he won't have to pay for a train ticket every Sunday. Plus he could be a refugee so if that's the case we can't teach him at all. So even if we can teach him we can't! Haha it's all good someone else will hopefully baptize him.
       Another awesome thing happened when we went by on an inactive member. No one in our ward has ever heard of him, but he said he wants to come back to church! We are way happy for him! Other then that it was a pretty normal week, we had lunch with a member family and they are way awesome! We have been there once already but it's just an older couple and they are really nice! I got a picture with them but it's a little awkward because I didn't know where or how to stand! It's all good.
       I can't really think of anything funny at the moment so I'm just going to wrap this puppy up talking about the power of prayer!! Sometimes I feel like I pray for something I need to happen over and over and eventually for some reason I forget about its importance but still bring it up in prayers here and there. And then Heavenly Father follows through like always! I'm very grateful for the blessings that my family and friends get at home. A big thing that helps to keep me going is that yeah even if I'm struggling every day, everyone at home is getting blessed and our future families will be blessed! So keep it goin and simply pray! Never forget or overthink the power of prayer.
Love you guys tons!
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment