Monday, August 22, 2016

Too much fire for Germany to handle!

       Well this week was pretty good! We had transfers and now Elder Morley is at the Mannheim hood! Haha this dude is way sweet! He is a lot like me it's crazy! And he only has a couple transfers left so it feels like I'm getting trained again! Haha but let me tell ya, nothing on Elder Stiles at all, but I loooove not being trained anymore! It's so nice! I feel like a real missionary now! Haha!
       Anyways we did a lot of finding this week and go by's in inactive and less active members! No one answered their doors to talk and a couple did answer but didn't want to talk! Haha it's all good though because what makes you successful as a missionary is trying!
       Church was way awesome and I'm loving the members more and more every day! We only had one member appointment this week and it was with my favorite member Saša! We went to his house on Saturday just to surprise him and I felt bad because he was trying to make us a cake real quick! He is seriously the coolest guy I've met here. Anyways we decided to share the story in Matthew chapter 14 when Jesus walks on water and helps Peter up. We had just read the scripture and were about to get to the punch line in our little spiritual thought. Then out of nowhere, his kitchen had flames shooting out of it and the kitchen was just bright red!!!! Come to find out, the cake had baked just a little too long and he was baking it on top of the stove in a pot!!! Hahahah! He threw a soakin' wet towel over it and it just puffed smoke everywhere!! His fire alarms just started going crazy! Eventually, it settled down and we got back to our chairs. The spirit was still a little there but it was nearly impossible to get the spiritual thought back on track. We finished it and talked with him
some more, then left. It was definitely crazy and it was good to see Saša just laugh about it! I absolutely love this guy!
       Anyways just to wrap this up, I'd like to talk about Jesus on the water real quick like we did with Saša. I always knew the story but never really did any real thinking on it. Often the first thing we think about when we think of Peter was him denying knowing Christ three times. I think it is very interesting that out of all the Apostles, Peter was the only one that was willing to try to walk out
to Christ. Just the word "try" is good enough for our Savior and Redeemers atoning sacrifice. It's not taking the easy route, it's not cheating the Savior of His eternal love. When we try we should be completely giving our all, that is when our perfect example, Jesus Christ, will "lift us out of the depths of the sea" so to say. I know that His grace is sufficient for everyone and I am so very grateful and I also KNOW that He gave His life for us each personally. We always need to be doing our best and giving our all, but as long as we are trying to do better He will ALWAYS be there. Never ever doubt the power of the Atonement. 
Till next week!!
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment