Monday, July 25, 2016

President Stoddard and Summer fests!

       This week was a little stressful but it's all good because we got to meet with president! We had zone training on Friday and President Stoddard was there. We learned a lot about studying and how to apply it better, then after that we got to have our one on one interviews with President. He is one of the coolest guys I've met. Not talking down his position in the church because I respect this man a ton! But I love talking to him because he is so chill and is just another person! He doesn't make you feel all nervous because his position in the church is a pretty big deal, he just helps you relax and it feels like I was just talking to a friend. Just a really mature friend haha!
       After our interviews, Elder Stiles and I went on splits with our zone leaders, Elder Fultz, and Elder Moore from Heidelberg. Elder Fultz and Stiles went to Heidelberg and I had the awesome chance of being a "host" in my area with Elder Moore. Elder Moore is such a stud, he only has about 4ish months left so he is a lot more experienced with me but he always has the best compliments and is always relaxed when we talked to people. I learned a ton being able to split with him.
       Then after we split back on Saturday afternoon, we had a ward summer fest. It's kind of just this thing a lot of wards in Germany do every summer. They just cook food, makeup games for kids, and everyone brings a friend. Little does the friend know is that the missionaries will be there and we always on the hunt for some new meat/investigators. Hahaha! But that was way fun and quite a few people were there.
       Before I finish I just really wanted to express my love for the Savior, Jesus Christ. At times I'll be thinking why our investigators don't work out or why we can't seem to get any new ones. But then I
realize that it's not about the numbers. Yes, we are bringing people to the waters of baptism through Christ, but my love and appreciation for the Savior have increased so much! And if no one I talk to wants to feel His love, then fine I'll just get closer to his always open arms while I keep trying. So I encourage everyone this week to lift your heads up, but not high enough where it makes you become arrogant, and try to help other people come unto Christ. I promise you that as you do this, you yourself will come unto Christ more then you would have ever guessed. I love the Savior, He is my best friend and I will be forever grateful and in debt to his Atoning sacrifice for the world. I look up to Him and His example more then anyone, His influence on me is huge and is only getting stronger. I know that everyone needs to feel His love and when they do they won't be able to let go of His forever outstretched hand, that carries us to show how much He loves each and every one of us.
       I hope everyone had a good week and will have another good one! You are all awesome!!!
Elder Rogers





No comments:

Post a Comment