Monday, July 18, 2016

Finding, finding, finding

       This week was definitely up and down but the ups were way better than the downs!! Even though transfers aren't even for another 4 weeks I'm definitely going to miss my companion, Elder Stiles a ton!! Me and him have gotten along since day one and it has been a very answered prayer! I'm already stressing for the next comp!! Haha but I know the Lord will pair me up with who he knows I need to be, and I know I will learn from him as I have Elder Stiles.
       So our investigator Ali wasn't in town this whole week so we never got to meet up with him. We were way bummed because he said he wanted to have us over for dinner. He is also trying to start a business so he is very busy as it is. Plus when he isn't very open to what we are telling him and just won't read the Book of Mormon it makes it tough to bring him to the font!! Haha but it's alright because we found some great potentials this week and are looking forward to meeting with them next week.
       One pretty cool thing this week was actually yesterday at church! One of the councilors asked Elder Stiles if he could give the opening prayer and he said ok sure! He thought that he said to pass the sacrament but I told him that he is definitely saying the prayer. Before he went to sit up at the front for the sacrament I told him that if he is wrong and i am right then he has to talk to every girl that we contact on the streets, and if he was right and I was wrong then same for me. So he sat up at the front before the meeting began and a guy walked in that normally passes, saw Elder Stiles sitting there and was really confused. At that time I knew that I had won!! Haha then when they announced who was saying the opening prayer they confirmed that my trainer was no better than me.... Well as far as being in sacrament. So sucks for him, he had to pass the sacrament, say the opening prayer, AND talk to every girl on the street. Hahaha!
       On a more serious note, I feel like that little experience can be used for bigger things. We should never feel like we are able to do anything or aren't in the high enough authority to tell someone they
are doing something wrong. But at the same time we should respect the people that are higher than us and always tell them uplifting stuff that can help them in a humble way, and never in a way that is rude and won't get them anywhere except for mad at you. I have found out a lot this week about how big humility is to the Lord and how it is a huge Christlike attribute. I know that as we are always humble and always making it known that the Holy Ghost and the all-merciful Lord are the ones that are putting us in the right places at the right time. I know that humility will always be something we always need to work on, but I also know that this isn't our mission, it's the Lords.
       We are serving him for 2 years our 18 months and we are representing his perfect Son, Jesus Christ. Now that doesn't mean that we are perfect at all nor will we ever be, but that means that we need to always try to be that example to others. And that doesn't just go for all my fellow missionaries, it goes for everyone before the mission and every one after.
       Everyone has a part in this church. The only difference between missionaries and just simply members is that we are set apart. But the thing we have alike is that we can always help people with the help of the Holy Ghost. Always be listening for that still small voice!!! Hope everyone has a great week!!!
Elder Rogers





No comments:

Post a Comment