Monday, July 11, 2016

Freaking Ali, and fly hunting

       Maine gute!!!! This week has been just crazy! Missions are definitely roller coasters, but I always hope that my high points on the roller coasters go longer than the low points!!

       Anyways this week was a little upsetting as far as our investigator Ali goes. We were trying to get a hold of him the whole week and then one day he called and said "hey meet me at the park right now", so we dropped what we were doing and just met up with him. We talked for about 2 to 3 hours with him about stuff he looked up about us on the Internet. We told him to not look up anything about us on the Internet unless it's LDS.org. He just really thinks about things too much and cuts us off mid-sentence a lot. But after that meeting we thought he was going to drop us and he said that he really likes us and wants to keep going to church. We said there is no point in meeting if you have no interest. Then he told us that he will read the Book of Mormon more. Later that night he texted us and said thanks for meeting with him, and that he wanted us over for dinner this week! So hopefully we
can get him interested! But it's sounding like he is really not to religious.
       Anyways besides that we had the awesome chance to go to the MOTAB concert for free on Saturday night! Honestly not to sound like a total fun hater, but I wasn't really into all the songs they played. We were warned that a couple songs are different, and they sure were!! Haha but it was so nice to just really listen and think about why I am in Germany at 19 years old talking about something to people that I would never talk to at home. This church is SO true and the blessings truly fall like rain. We just need to see them!!! The only sucky thing about the concert was that we got home at 2:30 in the morning and had church the next day so we were trying soooo hard to not fall asleep! Haha but we did it.
       So something funny this week actually happened today. Elder Stiles and I were studying this morning and I heard a fly come in through the window so I slammed it shut so he couldn't get out. (The Windows are about 5 feet away) then I opened my drawer, whipped out my brand new nerf gun (from my mom for my birthday, I don't just go buy kids toys while I'm a missionary) loaded it and shot right at the fly! All that happened next was his body landed next to Elder Stiles and his head
landed by me! It was the coolest thing ever! But yeah, just so you know the immature me always seems to find his way out even while I'm out here. Haha!!
       So just to wrap up with something spiritual. Haha! I just want everyone to know, if they don't already, is that the Lord knows exactly what he is doing. And as far as our trials and hard times go in life we just need to remember that it was from our Heavenly Father and that He is doing this because He loves us. I have found out this week also that it is my biggest regret in life that I have never read
the Book of Mormon all the way through. I look back at all the time that I had back then and wish that I would have just opened this amazing glorious book up. It truly is the only book that can answer
questions to prayers, and it does! Although I regret it more than anything it makes me want to read it even more. It's my favorite book, and honestly I hate reading so it's probably the only book I will read. Haha! But I know that if I had read it when my mom told me too I would have been way beyond where I am now, moms are really always right. So don't look back like I have!! Read it every day, and don't say you don't have time because we always have time for the good word of the Lord! Haha! Love you guys all tons and I'm so grateful for every one of you! Keep your heads up and always turn to the Lord!
Elder Rogers







No comments:

Post a Comment