Monday, July 4, 2016

Ronny and too much food

       This week was crazy!! My comp and I had another great one! We had transfer calls Saturday and my comp was made District Leader and could've been transferred out, but thankfully he will be staying! I can't believe how much I look up to this guy and how much I've opened up to him! It's gunna be a true bummer when he heads out! But this week was great, no pigeons flew into my head this time!
       So this week to start off, Ali has been really improving. We talked about tithing and fasting and he is all good about that. For some reason he just won't give us an answer for a baptismal date, but we
told him he has to this week! Haha! But we also told him that we will have him prepared before he is baptized haha! He just has a little issue with his e-cigarette and coffee, but he can get over those things.
       We also went on splits with elders from Worms again and this time I was with Elder Freeland! He is way awesome, he has 6 months-ish left so he is real comfortable with the language but we found a strong potential on the streets named Frank!! Then later that night we were calling some potentials on the phone. We were calling for an hour, about 45 minutes into it a guy named Ronny answered and I told him our whole introduction and asked if he was interested. He replied yes I'm very interested! I didn't know what to say because no one has ever said that!! Haha! Then to make sure he was in my city Mannheim I asked him where he was living and he said Worms... Elder Freeland almost jumped out of his seat when he heard that and so he got lucky with a really strong potential. But that's alright because we are all into this together as one mission!!!
       So we met with a couple member for dinner and lunches. One of the members we met with was Sasha. And this guy fed the crap outta us!! He made mashed potatoes and fried chicken, and we drank apple juice. And he made us eat every last bit! I was trying so hard to put that food down! Oh and for everyone (dad) who thinks I'm going to come home looking like 2 Elder Rogers, I have picture evidence that I just got out of the big 190's!! So there's that! Haha!
       Anyways just to wrap this stuff up! I was lookin back in my planner for the first transfer and I saw that I had set a daily goal for us to teach 8 lessons and get 7 new investigators. I don't remember why I did because we only went finding for 2 hours that whole day!! Haha anything could have happened and we had the faith but we just didn't have the time. Then I got reading other friends emails from other countries, and they already have baptisms!! I got thinking, what the heck this is a joke! Germans are so hard-hearted! Haha but then I realized it's not about the numbers, it's about helping others. Sometimes that means families and families and sometimes that means only a couple people if you get them. But I now that to be a "successful" missionary is when we have truly converted ourselves in the work of converting others! I also know that we can always do missionary work when we aren't even on a mission! Member plays a huge part in tons of stuff and I hope that everyone at home can always help everyone they run into!! And look up a talk by Elder M. Russel Ballard in 1984 titled "Write down a date."
Much love!!
Happy freakin American day!!
-Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment