Monday, June 27, 2016

Nature, Doug, and Sasha

       This week was a fast one but a good one!! We were way busy and some awesome things came out of our hard work! We are trying our best to be obedient and always making sure we talk to everyone we can.
       The first crazy thing this week was on Tuesday when we were out contacting at a strip mall kind of place, but we were outside the whole time. We were walking and this bee started flying right in front of my face! So I just swatted at it, right when I did I saw a black thing in the corner of my eye taking off of the ground. I turned and this pigeon flew right into my head!! Haha I don't know what it was that day but nature was just out to get me for some reason.
       Later that afternoon, we visited a guy named Doug. He is a non-member that lives with his wife close to our apartment. He grew up a baptist but around his teens he became LDS. He said one day he was in the bathroom and he could hear a voice telling him to go on a mission. He said he heard it three times and then he just finally said ok I'll go geez! Haha he said he knew nothing about the church except for the basics from the missionaries. So he began to be active and started learning at church and preparing for a mission. He served in Eugene Oregon, then came home and joined the army reserves. The army moved him to Germany and he isn't in the army anymore but he has been here for 16 years so it's just become home to him. Plus he met his wife here, she's a nonmember so after they got married he just fell away slowly. He has a huge testimony and is still doing missionary work! He has been talking with a co-worker that is a baptist and he has gotten him very interested.
       On Thursday we met with a member and his name is Sasha. He is probably one of the coolest guys I've ever met! He has been a member for about 10 years now and was reactivated just before I got here. Oh and just so you know, Germans don't believe in air conditioning for some reason, and Thursday and Friday were some hot freaking days! We were dying in Sasha's apartment it was terrible. The humidity just hits you like a wall, but at least it's not like that every day... Yet. Anyways we were talking about the relationship between fathers and sons with Sasha. He has a son that hasn't liked him ever since he joined the church, and he really wants to be a bigger part of his life. Before we began our lesson he asked us if we were perfect, of course we said no. Then he asked us why I said well there is a huge list but the reason why we won't be perfect is because we sin. Then he said if you know your not perfect because you keep sinning, then why do you keep sinning. It was a huge teaching moment, it really made me think about how I need to step it up. I also learned that we are humans and that we will only be perfect at one thing in this life and that is trying to be perfect. I've learned personally that as long as we are sincerely giving it our personal best we will be great in the sight of God.
       Also on Friday we met with Ali and got through the big topics and we were planned on setting a baptismal date officially then, but he told us he will let us know on Sunday. Well Sunday came and he was sick. So we will find out this week for sure. Pray for him if you can, even if you have never met him I promise it will help.
       Well that just about sums up the week! Hope everyone had a good one!
Till next week.
-Elder Rogers
P.S. In the video I found out my pockets could fit a liter each of
milk in them! Hahaha!!









No comments:

Post a Comment