Monday, June 6, 2016

Holy crap!!!!!‏

       Well It's been a pretty crazy week here in freaking Germany! This place is so crazy and I'm lucky to have an awesome trainer too, Elder Stiles. He knows a ton about the town we are in (Mannheim), and it seems like he knows the language way good! We have already had some great times together and will have many to come. The weather will definitely take some getting used to. It seems to be humid like crazy and then it just starts to rain outta nowhere!! But it's all good because the thunder just goes forever when it goes off.
       So the flight here wasn't too bad, it was definitely long as crap but we eventually made it!! Mission life is so different than anything I've ever done and I'll be honest when I first got here I was wishing I was just a tourist but the Lord is my guide on this 2 YEAR TRIP and has different plans so it's all good.
       So when we were on the plane ride from Atlanta to Frankfurt, me and another Elder were asked if we were in a band and how long we were going to be in Frankfurt. We told the lady that we aren't a band and are going to be in Germany for 2 years. She was so surprised but you could see it click in her head when she walked off real fast. We didn't even ask her if she had heard of us and she was gone! And that isn't where it stopped. The first day we got to Germany we went to the mission home to have lunch and talk about some things. We then spilt up into three groups. One was learning about finance and cars and stuff, another was watching a safety video/interviewing with the president, and the last group was going out to the real world and bringing people unto Christ. Or in other words, trying to talk to people that just don't even care about what you have to say. Hahaha it sucked. But it was a taste of what will happen for the next 2 years.
       After that was all over we met our trainers, went to a hotel for the night, and crashed! Best sleep of my life. Then we woke up the next day and ran to the apartment! No kidding, my freakin trainer was running through the streets with one of my bags and I was tryin so hard to keep up with my other bag! Haha it sucked! Actually that whole day sucked just to be honest. Haha! After that we just started getting into the groove of studying every morning and other stuff throughout the day. The mission can be hard, but in my opinion the mission is just different levels of stress all of the time!
       I know that the mission is supposed to help us grow in many many different ways and i also know it's already changed me and it's only been a week! I'm so very grateful to be here, I'm very blessed to have all the stuff I have. I'm even more blessed to have an amazing trainer that doesn't push me too hard but just enough and understands everything I'm going through. Also, I'm insanely blessed to have the Lord and the Holy Ghost to be my earth life trainer. And I know that they are also everyone else's. Although I'm only a week into my mission and know just about nothing about the language, I know that if I give my all to the Lord then He will always be there and I will have a successful mission/life. I know that can be applied into everyone's life who hasn't been a full-time missionary yet or has already been one.
-Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment