Monday, June 13, 2016

Birthdays, crazy old guys, and a grandma that's a bro‏

        Well this week has been packed full of stuff and a lot better than the last!! The language is slowly but recognizably getting better!! My trainer is teaching me new things every day and it helps a ton that he is so obedient! If I didn't say last week his name is Elder Stiles and he is from Idaho, and that's about it... Haha just kidding he is a stud! He has been out for a year this week and it makes me really jealous but I know that he would rather be in my spot and I'll be saying that at my year mark.
       So this week we had dinner at a members house which was way fun! At first I thought that it was just going to be me, Elder Stiles, the member Oma Broo (and yes that is grandma bro and she is a total bro!), and her two sons. But it was Oma Broo's birthday so her whole family and then some were over!! I was way nervous but it was all good because they fed us some really good noodle salad with pickles and ham in it with 50 bratwursts!! I learned a huge lesson that day: eat slow or they will think you want more. Hahaha. I probably ate about 5 bratwursts that night. But they didn't come back up. The funny thing about that little visit was that one of her sons was giving me so much crap hahaha! He would say something in German and I would have no idea what it was, then he would just say "Gel Elder Rogers?" Which pretty much means, "Right Elder Rogers?" I would just say "Ya" and everyone would laugh! Haha! So when we were finished with dinner we had a tiny lesson about being an example and after my trainer gave the whole lesson, that guy just turned to me and said, "Gel Elder Rogers?"
       Another pretty cool thing that has no miracle or anything to go with was that I have a picture of my first door!! Haha here you don't knock on doors you ring a doorbell in a way but so many people live in apartments it's just called a cringle or cringling! Haha but when you see a door in my email you'll know what it's for.
       So the last thing was that me and my companion got to go on splits with the zone leaders on Thursday/Friday! I got to go to the area that the ZL's live in which is Heidelburg and it is way beautiful!! I'll put some sweet picks in. But we went on a hike through these hills and the view was amazing. Also I had my first birthday half in Heidelburg and half I'm Mannheim so that was great! Sadly you don't get a break from being a missionary even for your birthday. But it's actually all
good because we met some crazy old guys that night. And when I was crazy I mean like they are totally lost. One was talking about his trip to Kolob so that's cool.
       Anyways that's about all this week! I just want you guys, especially my fellow missionaries, that no matter how much stress you go through every day just remember that it will strengthen you a ton and that you look back on it one day and go wow I can't believe I was stressed out. Plus if you're not stressing even a tiny bit you're dead!!
       Hope you have a good week!






No comments:

Post a Comment