Thursday, September 7, 2017

Libelle und Nerf Guns

 Hey this week was great!!
       We met with a couple of our investigators again and they are progressing very well!! We are very excited to set some baptismal dates here in the next few days, so please pray that those will work out! I'm very grateful for a God that is so rewarding! I know that He is aware of our needs and sometimes even our wants. He wants to help us be happy, so let Him help! He's not there to hurt anyone!!
       Ok so we had a crazy week, but since I finally have some time to write a solid weekly, I'll run you through the highlights. Last weekend we had a split and I was lucky enough to have Elder Clarke come to my area for a day! It was awesome to learn from him and get to know him better! He's a great guy and huge example to me! The funny thing is we lived 15 minutes away from each other back at home! He knows all my cousins and my little bro a bit, but we never met! It was awesome to chat about the good old days in northern Utah and stuff.
       Anyways, after that split not much happened until about Tuesday and we met some cool people on the street! Germans are funny people, especially the old ones! I love talking to the old Germans, but I don't think they like me as much haha! The best way that I can explain it is if you have ever had that crush on that girl of your dreams, but didn't like you back (or if you're a girl then the other way around). Hahaha it's a lot like that!!
       On Wednesday we were super busy!! It's so weird, for some reason our slow days are Monday and Tuesday and then from Wednesday to Sunday it gets so busy!! Anyways, we met with a less active that was really awesome and wants us to help her build her faith! We then met with an investigator that just got back from the states and she is really busy with a bunch of stuff, so we just said hi, but it was great to see her again! Following that, we went to one of the coolest member families in the world, the Parrys! They are such a fun family, I'm soooo lucky to have met them!! We had some amazing fajitas and ice cream and were able to share a little thought with them! After that we went to institute and chilled with the young single adults!
       Well that's about it! We are very excited to set some baptismal dates soon! Our investigators are sooo ready, i'm very grateful to be in this place of Germany at this time to be able to meet these awesome people! I know that the Lord puts us where we need to be and helps us talk to who we need to! Which is amazing! Because of that we meet lifelong friends, help others find Christ, and simply do His will. But there is a little work that we have to do to be able to be a part of this amazing life-changing work, we need to simply pray for the missionary opportunity, study the scriptures, and do what our Heavenly Father wants us to do. I am so grateful for the peace I'm able to find in my hard times and I hope everyone else can find that too!!
       Have a great week!!
Elder Rogers

Me and Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment