Monday, December 5, 2016

1 African? How about 2!?!?

       Well this week was definitely crazy and a ton of stuff happened, but at the same time it was so long!! It's honestly one of those weeks where I just can't explain everything over email as good as I could in person! I guess I can start with the highlight of the week which is we got to meet with two Africans this week that are so ready for the gospel!!!!!! I have been waiting so long for an investigator and i feel like the Lord is so generous that he just threw in a bonus for Elder Moon and I!! Haha He definitely blesses us and knows us personally!
       The appointment went amazing and they agreed to sincerely read and pray over the Book of Mormon and everything we said. They are so ready and we cannot wait! Just to back up, we got one of them, his name is Wisdom, as a referral from other missionaries that baptized his friend, his name is Friday. When we went over to his house we talked to him for a bit then one of his friends walked in! His name is Richard. Hahaha! But although we had a great time with them and got to learn from each other through the Spirit, it doesn't mean that we went skipping back to our apartment with everyone looking at us like we were some all-powerful dudes that have no worries in life, instead, we
were given more trials it felt like. This week has been packed of falling on our knees in prayer and coming to the Lord.
       I can testify that even when life seems to be perfect we never know what the Lord just might have in store for us. Now that doesn't mean when He sees us happy as heck he chucks a trial at us. Rather He sees our potential and doesn't want us to stop and be content there when we can become so much better! My whole life I've always wondered about trials and why they are here and how annoying they can be, big or small. And now it makes sense. Our Heavenly Father is so loving that when He sees how happy we are (which I can testify He loves), He gives us trials to keep us growing and keep us on the path of becoming like Him. I don't know about you, but I imagine it being pretty hard to see one of your own children be happy as can be and then when you see them going through a trial all you can do is step back and watch them work through it. Of course you can influence them, but that's their first time experiencing something like that, just like it is always our first time. I know He loves us and never abandons us!! He just wants us to know how much He really loves us!!!
       Well I gotta be honest I can't think of much this week!! I'm a bum and didn't take any pictures this week! But I hope everyone has a great week and as Christmas approaches to keep the real meaning of Christmas in our hearts! The most amazing present I have and will have received in this life is that of the Atonement. I will forever be grateful for the life of our perfect Savior Jesus Christ! Love you all.  Have a great one!!
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment