Thursday, February 15, 2018

Home made, from China

This week was pretty good! There was a lot of craziness that happened, but it’s still been a good time here in Ramstein, like always. I’m super happy to know that I’m finishing my mission here, I had thought that when I got to this point I’d just sit in the back of the boat and let my companion do all the work, but it’s totally not like that! When anyone gets to the end of their mission they should be
at the front of the boat because they have good experience and have been doing missionary work for a while. I’m grateful for the Lord and everything he has blessed me with as I have tried my hardest to be the best representative of His church as I can be.
    As far as investigators and stuff, Douglas was busy when we stopped by so we will be coming back this weekend. We were supposed to meet with Tim this weekend as well, but he just fell out... it is what it is. And Anthony is actually making some good improvement! We had stake conference last weekend and he was able to make it! The stake presidency gave great talks as well as the other members that were chosen. Elder Sabin was also there and he really reached out to everyone there and spoke to their needs. We haven’t been able to meet with Anthony since, but as far as we know he knows a couple people from the ward already and that he liked the conference.
     Well besides that, it’s been crazy talking to people on the streets or at their door with three people. I can’t remember if I mentioned it last week, but Elder Adams and I have another Elder with us. His name is Elder Ashworth and he is in his second transfer so we are kind of double training him. It’s super weird, but it’s pretty fun. I’ve never had 2 companions at the same time so it’s cool to see how it works!
    Anyways, I’m very grateful for this work, for the holiness of it and also the miracles we see just by putting faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ. Take a second every night (before or after your nightly prayer) and reflect on what Jesus Christ has done or what He is currently doing for you. When you sincerely think of Christ and the suffering that He did for you individually, you will come closer to Him and feel more of His perfect, never-ending love. I have felt this love! I know what it’s like to feel so terrible that you don’t think the light of Christ can reach you, or that His love wasn’t meant for
you. But just like I was, you’re wrong. His love, light, and mercy are for you and me and everyone! Individually and always! He wants us to be happy, why would He go through all the suffering and pain for you personally if He didn’t care about your happiness!? He does truly love us, and that love is real because he loves us and knows what’s best for us.
     Everyone have a great week!!!!!!!!
Elder Rogers, the older one







No comments:

Post a Comment