Thursday, December 14, 2017

Winter wonderland

This week was super great!! It was so fast but I feel like we got so much stuff done! We do have transfer calls coming up this Saturday, so I’m getting a little worried about that. But I’m here to do the Lord's work and He knows exactly where I’ll be able to do that work best at. I’m very grateful for the area I am in now and for all of the work I have been able to do here.
  Anyways enough about transfers! Earlier in the week we got to got finding a lot! We went to the university a couple times and it was super fun! It also snowed a ton on Sunday and because it snowed so much on and a half wards got canceled. So we only went to 1 and a half wards which was nice, but driving in the snow was awesome! I miss snow. Sadly it melted and got washed away by the rain the next day.
  We also had two awesome ward Christmas parties on Saturday. One was a brunch that we got a less active to go to! We were really happy to see him there and he seemed like he had a good time. After that ward party we had the second one that night. There was some awesome steak and a lot of nonmembers.
   One of my highlights of the week was when we went on splits with the Zone Leaders and elder Clarke was with me! We went to the Tanner family’s house. Which was super fun, it’s also funny because brother Tanner's first name is Stephen and his last name is Tanner and my first and middle name are Steven Tanner. Anyways just a fun fact, haha. But while we were there we had some edamame beans and elder Clarke ate the whole thing!! If you have ever had edamame beans then you would know that you just pinch the bean on the inside of the pod out and you don’t eat the whole thing, but elder Clarke had no idea and just did his beast to get them down hahahahaha!
  Also in the week we had a super awesome Zone Conference! We talked a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and of course Christmas as well. We learned some amazing things about how we can become comforted through our hard times and also to repent and become clean again! To me there is no greater gift, then Jesus Christ and His Love for me.
   Well that was about it for the week!!!! I hope everyone has a great week and remembers CHRIST this CHRISTmas!!!!!

 -Elder Rogers






No comments:

Post a Comment