Thursday, October 5, 2017

Wings on wings on wings

Hey everyone! This week was great, we got a lot done and had a ton of fun! Hope you all had a great week too! We were able to meet with our recent convert, Lester, and he is doing great but is pretty depressed! Pray for him please! We are trying to get him more involved with the members his age and hoping those friendships will get him more fellowship and people to lean on. He is visiting Ireland this weekend to let off some stress so that should help.
       We also had conference this past weekend! The mission has definitely helped me to appreciate Conference a lot more. Back when I was a normal human being I used to just watch Conference in my PJ‘s on my couch... which means I didn’t really get anything out of it. Well as a missionary this is where we receive our revelation to better help the people we are trying to help, and a bunch of other things. I’m very grateful for the Prophet and Apostel's and all the people that helped make general conference possible! It’s so cool that we can watch it just about anywhere in the world! The church is true!
       Other stuff that happened in the past 7 days, we had our transfer calls and elder Forsey and I are both staying! This will be our third together and we are really happy about it! Elder Forsey is a great guy and I’ve learned a lot from him! I love how no matter how long you have been in the mission field or how much knowledge you think you may have as a missionary, we can all learn from each other! There are some things that I’m not very good at that elder Forsey is and some things I’m good at the maybe elder Forsey isn’t the best at, just how it goes! I’m very grateful for the revelation that the latter-day prophets have received to help further the work of the Lord.
       Well that’s about all I got for the week if you skimmed through and are reading this paragraph, good to ya. Or if you read the whole thing and are now reading this, you’re the real MVP. Or if you just saw my pictures and called it good, don’t worry, I do the same sometimes. Anyways, have a good one!!!
Elder Rogers



No comments:

Post a Comment