Thursday, January 18, 2018

The 17th prophet of the church

  This week was great!! We actually got a lot done and saw some sweet success! We also did a ton of dooring, we just about doored a whole city in two days. We got a lot of no’s and a couple of ya I guess you can come back, so it wasn’t too bad! Besides dooring we met with a couple of our investigators! They are doing great, one of them is still working with his wife to help her realize that we aren’t going to steal anything from her or anything, just want to help them come closer to Christ!
     Our other investigator is doing great, he is making a little bit more progress than the other and his wife hasn’t met us or even knows about us so we are good with her for now. Hahaha! We sadly didn’t see him at church on Sunday, but hopefully he will be able to make it this coming Sunday!
     Also this week, we met with Lester, our recent convert. He is doing ok but could be better. He is just working through a lot right now and we are just helping him increase his faith in Christ. We are planning on giving him some space for a while so he can search the scriptures and come to God in prayer to see what he really wants to pursue in life.
     We also got to meet with a guy that we doored into from a couple weeks back! He is here with the army and it’s just him and his wife. They are barely older than us and super chill. When we met with him we didn’t have a ton of time, but we had a great short lesson with him. We talked about God and He answers all of our prayers, and that we can ask Him anything we want and He will give us an answer. He told us we can definitely come back so next time we plan on talking about the Restoration with him.
     Well that’s about all that happened this week, there was probably more I just have no idea right now. I’ll try to send some pics from the week, but I’m not even sure if I took any. Before I wrap up I just wanted to share how grateful I am for prophets that are called of God. I know that Jesus Christ leads this one and only true church and I know that President Russel M. Nelson is meant to be called as the 17th prophet of the church at this time. I’m excited to hear from him and to increase my knowledge in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
     Ciao!!
-Elder Rogers



No comments:

Post a Comment