Thursday, March 8, 2018

Hmm, so you’re Trinitarian..?

Wow what a week, people are funny and it was great to meet with some people! Honestly this was one of the most spiritual weeks of my life. I learned a lot about revelation in my studies and especially about the power of the Book of Mormon.
    To start off, last Thursday evening we had a member split with some of the guys in the ward. We visited some members that the ward council has been talking about for a while and sadly all the people that me and my split companion visited weren’t home, or they were really busy at the moment. But we still had a good time!
    On Friday we knocked on some guy's door and he said that he knows us so he let us in. We got talking about the church of course and he was asking tons of questions about it, which was great but we felt like we were being interrogated! But sometimes that is the case. The discussion continued on and we were on the topic of the Godhead for a while. We told him that God the eternal Father and His Son, Jesus Christ are separate beings; that both have bodies of flesh and bone and that with the Holy Ghost they make up the Godhead. They aren’t one God, but they are one God in purpose. He then leaned back and thought for a second, then said, “Hmm, i never knew Mormons were Trinitarian?”
(Meaning we believed in the trinity, which we don’t). We tried to explain it over and over different ways with scriptures and he still wasn’t getting it. Eventually he asked us, if we were to die right
now, do you know you would go to Heaven? I had always thought of this question, but it was the first time someone I had just met asked me that. We thought about it for a second and then gave our answers.
    After that little discussion with that guy I started to think about having that knowledge and faith that if you did all of a sudden die would you go to Heaven. I'm very grateful for the knowledge of the
plan of salvation and I hope everyone can receive that testimony of it as well.
    I can’t really remember Saturday too much, except for we met with our only German investigator and he is super cool! We talked about the restoration and the Book of Mormon and he seemed to like it. He’s got a way dope beard and I’m pumped to teach him further.
    Sunday was great, a member in one of the wards decided to take one of us to go visit a new member in the ward that was inactive in her last ward. So he wanted to go visit her and see how she was doing or if there was anything we could help with. Luckily I got to go and I’m
so glad! I really look up to this member a lot.  When I first met him I thought that he didn’t really like me all that much, but over the time with eating dinner with his family and working with him with
missionary work I’ve come to really like this guy. Since I go home soon he was giving me some great advice about when I get home. Pretty much advice on sticking it out through the hard times and holding to my testimony. It was really awesome and I’m so grateful for him.
Before we met with the member that we visited, he suggested that we said a prayer in the car before we walked up to the door. It was super spiritual and I can’t even describe how awesome it was to be sitting in some car in the middle of nowhere, in Germany, feeling the spirit
speak to us. It was like the Holy Ghost was in the car and said the prayer for us.
    Other than that we met with a former investigator that is super cool! He was this jacked dude with long hair and a beard, pretty much like Tarzan just had clothes on hahahahaha! He is really chill and
laid back about a lot of things so religion isn’t a worry for him.
    Well I just realized this email is already getting thick so I’ll do you guys a favor and end it! Haha! Lately I have been studying revelation and I realized I wasn’t understanding it as well as i should’ve. So I went to God in prayer and asked for help! I realized that I wasn’t being specific in my prayers. I had forgotten how all-knowing and all-powerful God is and for some reason I thought that he wouldn’t understand me if I asked him to help me understand revelation as I study it. Instead of praying for really general things, we need to be more specific! God knows exactly what we mean! He is that friend that you can go to about anything and He will understand you perfectly!!!! Trust in Him, know that He is there and don’t give up.
    Jacob 4:8 says
“Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him; wherefore; brethren, despise not the revelations of God.”
    Everyone have a great week!
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment